North American Event Coordinator and Marketing Communications Manager
Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for the implementation and management of end-to-end marketing initiatives in support of stated sales and revenue goals. This individual will work to define marketing initiatives, tactics and also be responsible for analyzing the effectiveness of the marketing campaigns post implementation. Responsibilities include the coordination of product launches, communicate initiatives and ultimately act as our brand’s voice to impress our customers and attract new clients.
Tradeshow & Event Coordinator will plan and manage our numerous tradeshows and company events across the country. This individual will play a fundamental role in the coordination, communications, and execution of these activities. Must be comfortable in a collaborative/team environment but thrive autonomously as well. Attention to detail and self-starter a must.
Job Tasks & Responsibilities
Marketing Communications Manager
- Manages and implements the annual strategic marketing and communication plan for key stakeholder groups
- Coordinates with supervisor and/or contracted agency (ies), the strategies set forth to enhance lines of communication across all media outlets and methods (i.e., print, website, social media, newsletters, etc.).
- Writes and publishes effective and accurate content (including press releases) for identified concepts for a wide variety of media to promote initiatives and events consistent with the brand, while managing press relations and media partnerships.
- Manages the annual advertising and media buys, as well as analyze and monitor earned media and annual advertising value equivalent.
- Serves as liaison with internal departments to develop marketing materials and collateral for communication purposes, ensuring alignment with overall brand and quality standards.
- Maintains an editorial content calendar for digital assets, including website, blog and social and new media to ensure timely, relevant and engaging information.
- Organizes, writes, edits and proofreads content for materials; proofreads and edits own or colleagues’ work as needed.
- Ensures brand messaging is consistent in all content that is developed.
- Develops quality media and newsletter distribution lists and proactively identifies process improvements using the latest best practices, as needed.
- Occasionally represents Lovibond Tintometer at public events.
- Stays current on leading-edge best practices in the water and color measurement industries, as well as, within area of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned."
- "Organize all aspects of the company’s numerous regional, state and national tradeshows.
- Support the planning and development of company-wide events and initiatives.
- Coordinate conference logistics and deliverables for tradeshows. Logistics include; booking booth space, electricity, internet, hotel accommodations, sending exhibition material and returning exhibition material.
- Organize and coordinate marketing materials required for tradeshows and events.
- Track expenses, process purchase order requests and create expense reports.
- Distribute pre-show and post-show communications to employees.
- Maintain show schedules, project checklist and process requirements through exhibit management templates.
- Help Identify and evaluate potential tradeshows and events nationwide.
- Travel as required
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Self-motivated, with a desire to succeed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a professional marketing department.
- Exceptional knowledge of marketing, sales, and business processes.
- Strong project management, leadership, training & sales support skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work with customers and vendors
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid business acumen, management, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative Suite (In-Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Dream Weaver)
- Effective time management, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Exemplary Customer Service – knowledge of principles and processes for providing high quality customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.