North American Sales Manager, Process Instrumentation
The Sales and Market Manager is responsible for managing all 3rd party independent sales representatives, customer relationships and the project funnel for the North American Market for the Lovibond Branded On-line Process Instrumentation Products. The position will work with a team of Inside Sales Specialists, Product Managers, Application Development Managers, Marketing Communication Managers and Technical Support Managers to effectively communicate the Process Instrumentation Product’s value proposition to our customers, promote regional specific products and applications to grow our opportunity funnel and manage projects from inquiry/quote to close-out. The Sales and Market Manager will be responsible and accountable for meeting and exceeding an annual sales budget by leveraging The Lovibond Process Instrumentation Product’s brand specific and cross-branded value.
The position will be part of a team that strives to achieve overall company goals in terms of revenue and profitability, image, reputation, and customer service. The Sales and Market Manager will require strong communication, leadership and influence skills to not only manage the sales representative channel, but also collaborate with peers and upper management across the Tintometer organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Personally, or through other company resources, develop the technical depth in product and application knowledge as it applies to the Lovibond branded Process Instrumentation Products
- Manage, train and perform joint sales calls with third party independent sales representatives (sales channel) to ensure Lovibond branded Process Instrumentation products are a main focus, diligently measure channel performance, and look for opportunities to collaborate/align across brands.
- Foster customer intimacy through key account management of identified customers/consultants within region
- Diligently manage the project funnel using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool (Zoho) to coordinate, prioritize and dedicate resources to projects
- Capable of prioritizing (Pareto) opportunities based on factors such as customer relationship, size ($), sales stage (budget, bid, post-bid negotiations, etc.), and potential margin
- Work with applications and technical sales managers to influence marketplace through white papers/case studies & presentations at regional/national trade shows and conferences
- Work with sales channel and customers to identify key regional regulatory, applications, and product drivers and effectively communicate market needs to Tintometer leadership
- Develop streamlined processes to collect necessary information from the local sales representatives, engineering and service firms, as well as Tintometer to support products, applications, and service offerings (Voice of Field)
- Drive a culture that is highly responsive to both internal and external customers and which provides accurate, comprehensive and timely information
- Strong capability to lead/coordinate with team members in various geographic locations over whom there is not a direct reporting relationship; must have excellent influencing and communication skills
- Self-motivated, self-starter with intrinsic drive to work independently, with balanced guidance from sales director and leadership team
- Ability to network effectively within organization to get things done
The Sales and Market Manager Position often required extensive travel including long hours of driving and or flying. Additionally, the position can also include many hours of standing and walking at local and national trade shows and customer training and informational seminars. Therefore, the Sales and Market Manager shall possess the following physical abilities:
- Must be capable of standing for standing for long periods of time (6+ hours)
- Must be capable of sitting for long periods of time, typically while traveling
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE - Minimum Requirements ( Including any required certificates, licenses, and registrations)
- 5 years of experience working in the water and wastewater treatment market; specifically working with distribution and end-users, technically and commercially
- Demonstrated successful sales experience with sales budget/region responsibility and indirect sales channel management
- Deep knowledge of municipal and industrial customer sales cycle and critical points of impact with distributors, consultants, and end-users
- Demonstrated Experience working with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system (ZOHO or equivalent)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, and Outlook)
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, influence & communication skills (written & oral)
- Demonstrated excellent task management & organization skills.
- Demonstrated strong time and territory management skills
Minimum Education Requirements
- BS/BA Degree or Equivalent